Message In A Bottle – Bandon Style
Ever dream of being stranded on a desert island and
finding a treasured Message in a Bottle?
This winter, Bandon will be sprinkled with unique, Bandon-themed bottles containing a positive, beach-themed message waiting to be discovered. Each bottle was created by local artist, Kim Bell. Read her story, A Studio with a Sea of Creations.
These bottles are yours to keep and can be brought into participating local businesses to claim a set of mini-lights. Insert the mini-lights into the bottle to create an even more beautiful and unique memory of your trip to Bandon!
As a bonus, Register Your Bottle to be eligible for random prize drawings
Read on to discover the best way to discover your bottled treasure!
Hints and Recommendations
- Begin your hunt at public beach access points.
- Look for Bottles above the high-tide line and below the beach embankment.
- Search for Bottles every day, rain or shine!
- Discover your Bottle when and wherever. Our Bottle Faeries hide bottles at random times and locations… not even we know.
- Find new Bottles on the beach during daylight hours only. Our Faeries never come out at night!
Basic Guidelines and Instructions
- Be mindful of delicate coastal flora and fauna. Be kind to the environment.
- Register your Bottle to be eligible for random prize drawings.
- Locate your bottle number on or near the bottom-of-the-bottle.
- Collect only one bottle per person, per year.
Let Us Know What Have You Found?
Once you discover your “Message in a Bottle,” visit our Registration Page to let us know which bottle you have found.
Or, give us a call at 541-347-9616.
You can also register your bottle in person at the Bandon Chamber Visitors Center, 300 Second Street SE, Old Town Bandon. We’re open 7 days a week, 11AM-3PM.