Whiskey Run Mountain Bike Festival
Two days of fun biking events on the Southern Oregon Coast!
The Whiskey Run Mountain Bike Festival will showcase the awesome Whiskey Run trail system by offering guided group rides led by the people and club who helped build them. Each ride will be led by members of the Wild Rivers Coast Mountain Bicycling Association and local riders.
Find something for everyone with family, beginner, intermediate, and advanced ride options. This is a great opportunity to come out and get to know the trails in a fun and supportive environment.
Our celebration of the trails will continue with food, music, and beverages on site. Food carts and beer from 7 Devils Brewery will be available for purchase.
Limited camping is available on a first come, first served basis on our Registration Site. See FAQs below for more information.
Event details below, or download a PDF of the Whiskey Mountain Mountain Bike Festival Registration and Schedule information.
Schedule of Events
Friday, June 3, 2022 – 5:00-7:00 PM
- 5:00-7:00 PM – Packet pick-up, South Coast Bicycles 805 2nd St. SE, Bandon, OR, 97411
Saturday, June 4, 2022
- 8:30 AM – Check-in & Day-of Registration
- 10:00 AM – Rides Start (see below for Saturday ride options)
- 1:00-1:45 PM – Packet Pick-up & Registration for Flow Duro Challenge
- 2:00 PM – Pre-Ride of Flow Duro Challenge Course
- 2:00-4:00 PM – Trail celebration ~ Music, food & beverage garden open for purchase
- 4:00 PM – End of Day
Sunday, June 5, 2022 – 7:30AM-3:00PM
- 7:30 AM-8:30 AM – Check-in & Day-of Registration
- 9:00 AM – Race Begins
- 9:00 AM-1:00 PM – Flow Duro Challenge, 2x’s down Gnome Wrecker
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Food & beverage garden open for purchase
- 1:30-2:00 PM – Awards Ceremony
- 3:00 PM – End of Day
Register online at getmeregistered.com.
- Saturday, June 4, 2022 – $20 (+ $2 OBRA fee, if not a member)
- Sunday, June 5, 2022 – “Flow Duro Challenge” $40 (+ $5 OBRA fee, if not a member)
SATURDAY RIDE OPTIONS
Advanced Enduro Style Ride – Full Flight Enduro: (~20 miles). Ready to really take flight? We are offering an exceptional, guided ride for those looking for both miles and hang time while lapping all the fun downhill-only trails. Take a tour with our local shredders around black and double-black jump trails with blue and green climbing in between. This ride is great for those more experienced riders looking to hit the jumps, gaps, and techy fall-line trails all around Whiskey Run. Get your climbing legs ready for this up and down enduro-style ride. Options for pre-ride, re-ride, and rip on more challenging features. Bring your hydration and fuel for this longer ride.
- 10:00 AM: Advanced-Enduro Ride gathers into groups of 10-15 people
- 10:15 AM: First Advanced-Enduro Ride group leaves, led by the Whiskey Run gurus
Advanced Cross-Country Ride – Full Flight XC (20+/- miles). Longer, faster-paced, no-drop ride for advanced riders comfortable with jumps, gaps, etc. Are you looking to push your mileage at a good pace with fellow stoked riders, but not looking to fly through the air just yet? This “advanced ride” is for those who want to keep their wheels (mostly) on the ground and are comfortable on a longer ride at a faster pace. We definitely won’t be racing, but this ride is for those that are confident enough to keep up and enjoy the best of the trail system on all level trails from Green to Black. Guided by Whiskey Run gurus, you will ride in and out of the trees, up and down the slopes, and really get a good taste of what Whiskey has to offer!
- 10:30 AM: Advanced Cross-Country Ride gathers into groups of 10-15 people
- 10:45 AM: First Advanced Cross-Country Ride group leaves, led by the Whiskey Run gurus
Intermediate Ride – Whiskey Sampler (10+/- miles). No-drop ride on green and blue trails. Ready for a little more, but not yet ready to be the King/Queen of the Mountain? Our intermediate ride is great for enthusiastic riders and those with trail-riding experience who want to ride a little faster, but still not get left behind. We will ride at a decent pace enjoying a longer ride on mostly blue (intermediate) and green trails with plenty of stops at crucial intersections to hydrate, chat, and catch your breath. This ride, guided by local enthusiasts, is perfect for those with basic to intermediate mountain-biking skills who may not be ready for the entire system, but want a good solid ride with good solid people.
- 11:00 AM: Intermediate Ride gathers into groups of 10-15 people
- 11:15 AM: Intermediate Ride leaves, led by local enthusiasts
Beginner Ride – Break the Ice (5+/- miles). Easy, no-drop ride for adults. This relaxed paced ride is open for beginner mountain bikers who want to get a taste of the trails at an easy pace, so you don’t need to feel like you’re always having to “keep up.” This ride will venture on both the East and West sides of Whiskey Run and encompass white (very easy), green (easy) and a little bit of blue (intermediate) trails. This no-drop ride will give you a chance to enjoy some of the best of the trails and trees with not too much climbing or difficulty, and plenty of breaks. This group ride is perfect for new-to-mountain biking riders who want a supportive and fun atmosphere to learn new skills.
- 11:30 AM: Beginner Ride gathers and grouped by ability & experience
- 11:45 AM: Beginner Ride leaves, led by local enthusiasts
Family Ride – Sippy Cup- Family Friendly Ride (~3 miles). Slow paced, family-friendly ride. Definitely some pump-track! This easy-paced ride is open to families with kids on Striders to beginner youth. Enjoy a 3-mile fun ride with some easy green flow trails in both the woods and the sunshine. This route has minimal elevation change and exposure, and is great for those just learning trail riding. There will be some pump-track time at the end of the ride too. Our ride leaders are also coaches, so be prepared to learn a few tricks and techniques with your little ones. [A parent or guardian must accompany children on this group ride.]
- 12:00 PM: Family Ride gathers and grouped by ability & experience
- 12:15 PM: Family Ride leaves, led by mountain bike coach, Erin Kessler
Sunday Flow Duro Challenge
A fun, fast pace, timed competition down a flowy black diamond trail. This trail is fast, flows well, and will keep you on your toes. There is a mix of traditional loam tread, mixed flowing contour and steeper grades. Look for drops, roots, and steep fade aways. ¾ mile trail, 378 ft. descent, average time is approx. 4:00 minutes.
Racers will be placed in divisions by age and class and have two timed trail runs. The Flow Duro Challenge takes place on Gnome Wrecker + Gnome Wrecker Extension. Winner will be best of 2 laps.
For more information & videos of Whiskey Run Trails visit Trailforks Website
- Cat 1 (Expert) Men & Women 19-44, 45+, Junior 10-13, 14-18
- Cat 2 (Sport) Men & Women 19-44, 45+, Junior 10-13, 14-18
- Cat 3 (Beginner) Men & Women 19-44, 45+, Junior 10-13, 14-18
- Bandon Chamber of Commerce
- Oregon Coast Visitors Association (OCVA)
- Wild Rivers Coast Mountain Bicycling Association
- Travel Southern Oregon Coast
- Wild Rivers Coast Alliance
- Oregon Adventure Coast South Coast Bicycles
Daniella Crowder, Director Oregon Rides & Events
Did You Attend?
Keep your favorite places to recreate thriving by helping organizations like Travel Southern Oregon Coast gather information that can be used to create a better experience for you. Respond to our survey and be automatically entered into a raffle to win an all day fat tire electric bike rental for two from Bandon Bicycle Works, a $50.00 gift certificate to a local bike shop, or a free stay on the South Coast!
About Whiskey Run Trails
Whiskey Run Trails is a purpose-built mountain-biking trail system in the Coos County Forest. You will find trails for all skill levels from family-friendly and beginner rides to advanced jump lines and double-black diamond trails. The trail system is located about 12 minutes (8.4 mi) of Bandon via US-101 N and Seven Devils Road, and 23 min (17.9 mi) from Coos Bay via US-101 S to Whiskey Run.
Whiskey Run Mountain Bike Fest FAQs
We will have several options for packet pick up and registration.
Friday, June 3, 2022,
- 5:00 – 7:00 PM: Packet pick-up at South Coast Bicycles 805 2nd St. SE, Bandon, OR 97411
Stop in to the local bike shop, have a beverage, pick up your packet, register for event, and pick up last-minute items needed for weekend.
Saturday, June 4, 2022
- 8:30 AM: Check in & Registration at Whiskey Run Trails Parking area (under event tent)
- 1:00 – 1:45 PM: Packet pick-up & Registration for the Flow Duro Challenge at Whiskey Run Trails Parking area (under event tent)
Sunday, June 5, 2022
- 7:30 – 8:30 AM: Check in & day-of registration for Flow Duro Challenge at Whiskey Run Trails Parking area (under event tent).
Yes, please see above schedule for packet pick up.
Yes, helmets will be required for both events.
Yes, there will be a Pre-Ride of the course on Saturday @ 2 PM.
On Saturday, the road will be closed for our event. Please show your ticket to the volunteers and/or let them know you are doing a day-of registration for the event. You will be parking along the road and in the limited gravel parking areas.
On Sunday, road will not be closed. Park along side of road and limited parking in gravel parking areas.
Camping Location: https://goo.gl/maps/uCbSmVrxswpg9HT88
We have made arrangements for limited FREE camping at Bandon City Park/Community Center. You will need to be a paid registrant for the event and then register to camp as well. There is a limited # of tents and RV spots and will be first come, first served on our registration page.
RVś, Sprinter vans, under 25 feet allowed to park in Bandon Community Center Parking lot. Limited to 20 total vehicles. This is dry camping and no hookups. There is a public restroom across the street at the Disc Golf Course that will be open. NO Showers. NO Fires are allowed.
Tent Camping – 30 tent spots will be allowed to set up in the grass area next to Community Center Parking lot. Limited to 4 people and 1 vehicle for each tent spot. There is a public restroom across the street at the Disc Golf Course that will be open. NO Showers. NO Fires are allowed.
You will need to display your registration paperwork in vehicle to show you have a reserved spot.
We will have extra water available for riders at the trail head. Come prepared with your own water, power bars, snacks, etc.
We will have a food cart on site from 11-4pm on Saturday and 11-3 on Sunday for you to purchase food on your own.
We will have 7 Devils beer on tap for purchase as well.
Our Saturday event is perfect for beginner riders. If you have been interested in coming to check out the trails but weren’t sure where to ride, this is the perfect event to have a fun & supportive ¨Guide¨ show you the trails. Here are a couple of great options for beginner riders:
Beginner Ride: Easy, no-drop ride for adults. 5+/- miles
- 11:30 AM Beginner Ride gathers and grouped by ability & experience
- 11:45 AM Beginner Ride leaves, led by local enthusiasts
Family Ride: Slow paced family friendly ride. Definitely some pump-track! 5+/- miles
- 12:00 PM Family Ride gathers and grouped by ability & experience
- 12:15 PM Family Ride leaves, led by mountain-bike coach Erin Kessler
Our Sunday event is for riders who have some technical skills as the course is a black diamond (Advanced) trail. We also have options for advanced riders on Saturday.
Featured images by Colton Jacobs courtesy of Oregon Coast Visitors Association.